Locaboat P1180 FB
Add to my favourites
Locaboat P1180 FB cruise information
The Locaboat Penichette Flying Bridge has inside and outside steering positions and advanced technology.
- Boat size
- Length 38′9″ ft (11.80 metres)
- Width 12′8″ ft (3.85 metres)
- Bow thruster
- Dual steering
- Shore power
- Central heating
- Number of guests: 7
- Double cabins: 1
- Convertible Twin/Double cabins: 2
- Convertible sofa: 1
- Bathrooms: 3
Recommended for 6 adults and 1 child
- Electric WC
- Radio/CD player
- Wide side rails with guard rail
Guests have said...
An excellent holiday and service overall, Emma's recommendations were perfect and she answered all of our questions promptly. We hope to return for another trip next year.
We like the layout of the Penichette 1180FB, one toilet per cabin and no equipment failures.Donald Elliot. Germany
Hotels Afloat is an excellent agent for Locaboat, and Emma is a pleasure to work with.
Would book again.
We had a lovely time on "our" Penichette 1180fb on our cruise from Lutzelbourg in May of this year. Each of the three couples enjoyed the trip and the comfort of the vessel.Rick Goudie. Alsace
We appreciated the warmth as it was a very cold time when we were on the barge so the heating was much enjoyed. We liked that the barge could be driven from the inside or the outside as due to the cold we were mostly indoors. The full sized fridge and the kitchen facilities were great too as we could stock up and prepare meals as required.
The scenery was amazing and so green and lush, we strolled around Hesse, were very impressed with the inclined plane at Arzviller and the efficiency of it. We loved Saverne, enjoyed the market, the lovely pastries and interesting shops and pedestrian streets. We had no problems at all filling up with water or on our overnight stops.
As for hotels afloat, we were collected from the railway station as arranged by your staff and also taken back there after our trip. The lady in Lutzelbourg was ok but we all thought she could have been a little more friendly and informative. Luckily for us my husband has boating experience which was handy My correspondence with the company was terrific prior to our trip and all questions were answered promptly and well.
All in all though we had a lovely time and would like to do a longer cruise at a latter date in a different area.
The cruise was so wonderful, despite a few glitches! Don't think we'll ever do a self-drive again, as we're getting up there in years, but would definitely do another cruise if someone else was doing all the work! It was a once in a lifetime experience and the most beautiful, pristine scenery I've seen in France, so far!Cynthia B; Midi September 2021
The cruise was so wonderful, got to see some places that have been on our “bucket list” for years! Emma was a dream to coordinate our trip, especially through the perils of COVID days. She set up Zoom meetings for us and communicated regularly over the plus two years it took to bring this experience to fruition. It was a once in a lifetime experience and the most beautiful, pristine scenery I‘ve ever seen in France. We would highly recommend using Hotels Afloat to anyone looking for a truly unique experience!Cindy; Midi Canal; September 2021
The boat was as expected. Appreciated it's size. I rate it 8/10Stuart Ritter, Canal du Centre; May 2017
We cruised on the Canal du Centre... easy to deal with the locks
We rate Hotels Afloat 10/10 for attention to details and will book again.
About the P1180 FB
- Two Forward ensuite cabins with either 1 double bed or 2 singles ( an additional single bunk can be installed in one upon request)
- Wardrobe and storage.
- Stern ensuite cabin with double bed. Storage and hanging space
- All shower compartments with shower, handbasin, and electric WC.
- 230v razor socket
- Central saloon and inside steering position.
- Radio + CD player
- A fitted kitchen at the rear.
- Diesel engines with 37 to 50 hp
- 12-volt electricity is provided from an engine-driven alternator.
- On the dashboard is a 12v power point ( for mobile phone, camcorder etc)
- Large sunroof and generous window area
- Hot and cold water is pressurised. Hot water is provided either by a gas water heater or by a heat-exchanger on the engine
- Heating is forced warm air and assures year-round comfort
- Kitchens are fitted with a refrigerator, cooker with oven and 3 rings, sink and storage
- A full inventory of the boat’s equipment is provided with your confirmation
- Bike rack
- Bow thruster
- Solar panels
- In Italy: Bimini and outdoor shower
P1180 FB boat plan
Locaboat P1180 FB cruise routes
The P1180 FB cruises in 13 from destinations with various routes, starting and ending points.
Rates and departures
Prices indicated are based on a 7-day cruise before offers and extras
Available in Alsace, Aquitaine, Brittany, Burgundy Franche Comte, Burgundy Nivernais Loire, Loire Valley, Lot, Midi & Camargue; Germany; Holland & Italy
|2024||France||Per week||Extra day|
|Period A||From 15th March to 12th April; From 19th October to 4th November||2765 €||395 €|
|Period B||From 13th April to 3rd May; From 28th September to 18th October||3220 €||460 €|
|Period C||From 11th to 17th May; From 25th May to 7th June; From 7th to 27th September||3605 €||515 €|
|Period D||From 4th - 10th May; From 18th -24th May; From 8th June - 5th July; From 17th August -6th September||3955 €||565 €|
|Period E||From 6th July to 16th August||4305 €||615 €|
|2024||Holland & Italy||Per week||Extra day|
|Period A||From 23rd March to 12th April; From 19th October to 4th November||2835 €||405 €|
|Period B||From 13th April to 3rd May; From 28th September to 18th October||3290 €||470 €|
|Period C||From 11th to 17th May; From 25th May to 7th June; From 7th to 27th September||3675 €||525 €|
|Period D||From 4th - 10th May; From 18th -24th May; From 8th June - 5th July; From 17th August -6th September||4060 €||580 €|
|Period E||From 6th July to 16th August||4410 €||630 €|
|2024||Germany||Per week||Extra day|
|Period A||From 29th March to 12th April; From 19th October to 4th November||2310 €||330 €|
|Period B||From 13th April to 3rd May; From 28th September to 18th October||2835 €||405 €|
|Period C||From 11th to 17th May; From 25th May to 7th June; From 7th to 27th September||3360 €||480 €|
|Period D||From 4th - 10th May; From 18th -24th May; From 8th June - 5th July; From 17th August -6th September||3780 €||540 €|
|Period E||From 6th July to 16th August||4130 €||590 €|
* Weekends and short breaks
Weekend from Friday 2-6 pm to Sunday 6 pm or Monday 8-9 am: Price 3 extra days
Mini-week From Monday 2-6pm to Thursday 6 pm or Friday 8-9 am: Price 4 extra days
The price includes :
- The boat and its equipment
- Kitchen utensils and bedding
- Technical assistance 7 days per week
- River/canal tolls
- 1 x 13kg bottle gas
- The Locaboat manual
- Cruise initiation
The price does not include:
- Bike rental
- Cancellation insurance
- Navigation map
- One-way supplement
- Fuel: 25-40 euros per day depending upon boat size (calculated on 5 hours cruising per day)
- Safety deposit/caution: 2000€
- Damage waiver insurance: 160€ for up to 9 days; 200€ for 10 days +
- River charts: 45€ including postage & packing
- Gas barbecue: 25€ per weekend, 29€ per mini week, 50€ per week; 7€ per additional day
- Pet supplement: 50€ per animal
- Bikes: 50€ per week (adult); 35€ per week (child)
- Enclosed parking:42€; Covered parking: 56€
- WiFi: 29€ per weekend/mini week; 49€ per week-10/11 days; 65€ for 2 weeks; 79€ for 3 weeks; 89€ for 4 weeks
- Post-cruise cleaning: 135€
- One-way supplement: 200€
- Multi-risk insurance: 5% of the cruise price
- All-inclusive Serenity pack, including fuel, cruise damage waiver insurance, post-cruise cleaning & 1 bike: 599€
- Late check-in: 80€
- Early check-out: 80€
- Deck mattress: 12€
- Convertor 12/220v : 12€
Payment schedule: 40% at the time of reservation; balance due 8 weeks before departure.
All clients are strongly recommended to have adequate medical, transport and cancellation insurance.
Early booking discount 2024: 10% when booking before 30th November 2023; 5% when booking from 1st December 2023 to 31st January 2024
Permanent discounts: Can be combined to a maximum of 25%
Family with children, under 18: 10%
Tandem cruise when hiring 2 or more boats for the same dates: 5%
Long stay: 10-13 days: 3%; 14-20 days: 5%; 21-27 days: 7%; 28 days plus: 10%