Rivers Saône & Doubs
Bases at Scey sur Saone and St Leger sur Dheune
The Saône is one of France's most attractive rivers, with few locks, rural scenery, and generously proportioned farmhouses, their window boxes gay with flowers.
On the forest floor too, the earth brings forth a generous offering of mushrooms.
The well-preserved villages in the Mâconnais and the Dôle region are a constant delight.
Climbing north on the Canal des Vosges through the forests of the Vosges you glide through an amphitheatre of ash, silver birch and other trees.
The towns of Fontenoy-le-Château and Epinal reveal their many charms.
From Dôle to Besançon the Canal du Rhone au Rhin follows the course of the River Doubs past rocky cliffs and between wooded slopes.
To arrive in Besançon is truly dramatic.
A tunnel 394m long allows you to pass right underneath the great fortress built by Vauban in the 17th century and to make a complete circuit of the city by water.
One-week cruises from Scey sur Saone
- Scey, Gray, Pontailler, Auxonne, Scey
202 km; 26 locks; 5hr cruising per day
- Scey, Port sur Saone, Corre, Fontenoy, Scey
138 km; 36 locks ; 4hr30 cruising per day
10 or 11-day cruises
- Scey, Gray, Auxonne, Dole, Scey
266 km; 46 locks; 5hr cruising per day
- Scey, Gray, Seurre, Tournus, Louhans, Scey
506 km; 42 locks; 5hr15 cruising per day
- Scey, Gray, Dole, Besançon, Scey
368 km; 86 locks; 5hr30 cruising per day
- Scey, Gray, Auxonne, Dole, Besançon,Beaume les Dames, L'Isle sur le Doubs, Deluz ONE WAY
313 km; 93 locks ; 3hr30 cruising per day
One-week cruises from St Leger sur Dheune
- St Leger, Chagny, Chalon, Tournus, Pont de Vaux, St Leger
168 km; 36 locks; 5hr cruising per day
10 or 11-day cruises from St Leger sur Dheune
- St Leger, Chagny, Verdun sur le Doubs, St Jean de Losne, St Leger
190 km; 36 locks; 5hr cruising per day
Two-week cruises from St Leger sur Dheune : This base will remain closed throughout 2021 due to drought
- St Leger, Chagny, Chalon sur Saone, Seurre, Dole, Besancon, St Leger
334 km; 84 locks; 5 hr cruising per day