Lot-et-Garonne, Gascogne, Aquitaine
Base at Agen : Canal de le Garonne, river Baise and Lot
Gascony boasts some of France's prettiest countryside.
A number of interesting structures command attention too, such as the 549-metre long aqueduct at Agen with its 23 arches.
The canal between Montech and Montauban reopened in April 2003, allowing you to visit Montauban by Pénichette.
Visit the famous 11th-century abbey at Moissac for an insight into the Middle Ages.
Take the little river Baise and you will wind your way through the deepest countryside.
Its towns, Vianne and Nerac, possess all the charm of a medieval Book of Hours.
Carry on up the Baise as far as Valence and visit the Abbey of Flaran, rated a masterpiece of Cistercian art.
One-week cruises from Agen
- Agen, Buzet, Mas d'Agenais, Castets en Dorthe, Agen
171 km; 36 locks; 4hr45 cruising per day
- Agen, Buzet, Vianne, Nerac, Moncrabeau, Agen
128 km; 44 locks; 4h30 cruising per day
- Agen, Moissac, Castelsarrasin, Montauban, Montech, Agen
128km; 46 locks; 4hr30 cruising per day
10 or 11-day cruises from Agen
- Agen, Mas d'Agenais, Nerac, Condom, Valence sur Baise, Agen
212 km; 64 locks; 4hr cruising per day
- Agen, Buzet, La Garonne, Aiguillon, Villeneuve-sur-Lot, Agen
174 km; 30 locks ; 3hr cruising per day
- Agen, Moissac, Montech, Montauban, Toulouse, Agen
225 km; 74 locks; 4hr45 cruising per day
Two-week cruises from Agen
- Agen, Buzet, Valence-sur-Baise, La Garonne, Aiguillon, Villeneuve-sur-Lot, Agen
288 km; 68 locks; 4hr cruising per day
- Agen, Buzet, Valence-sur-Baise, Castets-en-Dorthe, Moissac, Agen
371 km; 94 locks; 5h30 cruising per day
Locaboat rental boats for Aquitaine
There are 11 self-drive boats for the Aquitaine