Ireland, Shannon River & Erne Waterway
More than 240 km of waterways in Ireland on the Shannon river & Shannon-Erne waterway, the Royal canal and more.
The calm waters are perfect for keen fishermen and nature lovers.
Enjoy the pubs, beers, folk and an incredible landscape.
From Banagher, explore the southern Shannon and the Lough Derg, or cruise from Carrick-on-Shannon, you can explore northward to the Upper Lough Erne.
All cruises are on an out-and-back basis and for one week or two.
Bases at Carrick-on-Shannon and Banagher
One-week cruise from Carrick-on-Shannon
- Carrick-on-Shannon, Keshcarrigan, Ballinamore, Leitrim, Lough Key Forest Park Boyle, Carrick-on-Shannon
208 km; 22 locks; 3hr45 cruising per day
10 or 11-day cruise
- Carrick-on-Shannon, Ballinamore, Belturbet, Enniskillen, Devenish Island, Bellanaleck, Ballyconnell, Leitrim, Carrick-on-Shannon
330 km; 32 locks; 3hr45 cruising per day
- Carrick-on-Shannon, Boyle, Dromod, Tarmonbarry, Killinure, Athlone, Banagher, Terryglass, Garrykennedy, Kilaloe, Portumna, Athlone, Lanesborough, Carrick-on-Shannon
415 km; 12 locks; 3hr45 cruising per day
One-week cruises from Banagher
- Banagher, Terryglass, Killaloe, Mountshannon, Clonmacnoise, Banagher
165 km; 2 locks; 3h30 cruising per day
- Banagher, Clonmacnoise, Athlone, Hodson Bay, Killinure, Shannonbridge, Banagher
112km, 2 locks, 2h40 cruising per day
Locaboat rental boats for Ireland, Shannon river & Erne waterway
There are 7 self-drive boats for the Ireland, Shannon river & Erne waterway