Just a few hours from Paris, discover l'Anjou, reputed for it's agreeable way of life, gastronomy, castles and abbeys.
From Sable: The river Sarthe is a calm river meandering though verdant countryside dotted with picturesque villages. There are very few locks along its reaches, so it's ideal for novices. Don't miss the most elegant castle of Plessis Bourré, the imposing Benedictine Abbey of Solesmes, Malicorne, capital of artistic porcelain and the older part of Le Mans town.
From Grez: Discover la Mayenne, dotted with small villages, manor houses, castles and old mills clinging to the rivers hillsides. Make a stop at Angers, King Rene's city, also the Abbey in Entrammes and the famous cheeses of Port Salut. In the town of Laval the Naïve art museum is worth a visit. The Oudon river near Grez-Neuville will also bring you calmness and don't miss the stud farm in the Lion d'Angers.
One week return cruises
- Grez Neuville, Laval, Sergré and return ; 88km; 14 locks
- Sablé, Fillé, Cheffres and return; 102 km; 20 locks
- Grez Neuville - Sablé sur Sarthe, one way: 88km, 9 locks, 11 hours cruising
One week one-way cruises
- Sable sur Sarthe - Laval: 146kms, 31 locks, 28 hours cruising
Two week return cruises
- Grez-Neuville, Le Mans, Laval and return; 325 km; 82 locks
- Sablé, Laval, Le Mans and return; 325km, 82 locks