Maire Peate, Australia; Penichette 1180FB, Midi canal, June 2013
Hope you are well!
The 3 aspects we liked most about our boat, Le Grec, are:
* The outdoor seating space and flying bridge steering.
* The well appointed kitchen, as we all love to cook.
* The positioning of the ropes on our boat.... We saw a lot of boats struggling with ropes because they were placed in awkward positions, and the crew were putting themselves in danger.
The 3 aspects of the route we took, Negra to Argens that we liked the most are:
* The Plane trees, probably the main reason we chose this route.
* We travelled further, we made it to the Mediterranean, so we were able to do the 7 lock staircase at Beziers as well as the aqueduct going into town.... A real highlight.
* The variation in regional food, from hearty cassoulets at the beginning to fresh seafood at the end. This was perfect as the weather started very cool and ended up very hot!
The 3 aspects we liked most about dealing with Hotels Afloat are:
* Emma James! You are such a helpful person. Your emails are always prompt and informative. A real pleasure to deal with you twice!
* The variety in companies that you deal with. Although we've chosen Locaboat twice, we still had plenty of options, prices, styles of barge to choose from.
* Insider knowledge. You know the regions, canals and what the specific appeals of them are. This was very helpful to us, as we really were babes in the woods for our first cruise. To be honest, we all preferred the Nivernais, so it was perfect that you suggested this for our first trip, as we now know what is important to us if we go again!
To sum up, we have been really happy with our choices of barge and booking company. We probably will go again in a few years time, the Alsace region is looking tempting! I wouldn't hesitate to book through you, and choose Locaboat again.
I've attached a favourite photo and I'll send a few more through.
Maire, Johnny, Matt and Lucinda