Base at St Martin-sur-Oust: Canal de Brest, Vilaine and Erdres rivers
St Martin-sour-Oust is your gateway to the legends of Merlin the wizard and the fairy Viviane.
You'll pass the Isle of Magpies, perfect setting for a fable.
Next Gacilly with its mossy lanes and eel-filled reed beds so beautiful in the morning light, then on to Josselin where the castle's mighty turrets are reflected in the canal.
Pause too at Malestroit to admire its half-timbered houses.
The Canal de Nantes a Brest is definitely amongst the very top cruises.
The other cruise, to Dinan and Lyvet, is lightly locked on the Vilaine as far as historic Rennes.
Then, on the Canal d'Ille et Rance, the flight of 11 locks at Hede takes you across the watershed between the Atlantic and the English Channel and down to spectacularly sited Dinan.
One week cruises from St Martin-sur-Oust
- St Martin-sur-Oust, La Gacilly, Malestroit, Josselin, St Martin-sur-Oust
122 km; 28 locks; 3hr30 cruising per day
- St Martin-sur-Oust, Redon, Messac, Pont Rean, St Martin-sur-Oust
184 km; 20 locks; 4h
10 or 11 day cruise
- St Martin-sur-Oust, Blain, Nord-sur-Erdre, Suce, Nantes, St Martin-sur-Oust
232 km; 38 locks; 3hr30 cruising per day
- St Martin-sur-Oust, La Gacilly, Malestroit, Josselin, Rohan, St Martin-sur-Oust
170km; 60 locks; 3h45 cruising per day
Two week cruises
- St Martin-sur-Oust, La Gacilly, Malestroit, Josselin, Pontivy, St Martin-sur-Oust
222 km; 172 locks; 5 hr cruising per day
- St Martin-sur-Oust, Redon, Messac, Rennes, Tinténiac, St Martin-sur-Oust
318 km; 92 locks; 4hr45 cruising per day