Canal du Midi boat rentals with France Afloat
The famous Canal du Midi meanders along the foot of the black mountains in the shadow of the mighty plane trees.
Information about The Canal du Midi
The famous Canal du Midi meanders along the foot of the black mountains in the shadow of the mighty plane trees. Along its course are charming small villages, canal-side restaurants and of course the stunning fortress of Carcassonne. Our base at Capestang is on the 'Grand Bief' a 54 km lock-free stretch of the canal which follows the contours between Beziers and Le Somail.
Weekend or mini-week
- Capestang, Le Somail, Homps and return
- Capestang, Homps, Carcassonne, Capestang
30 hours cruising
- Capestang, Beziers, Agde, Capestang
24 hours cruising
- Capestang - Castelnaudary
One way: 123 km, 51 locks, 28 hours cruising
- Capestang-Castlenaudary and return: 54 hours cruising
- Capestang, Beziers, Carnon and return: 50 hours cruising